Photography and Intuition

24.12.12

Pic taken by Christine Love Hewitt

“Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph."    – Matt Hardy

If you hadn't noticed I have a little hobby. Photography. It kinda snuck up on me. I've always enjoyed snapping photos, even at a young age. There's something about capturing a moment in time, or a beautiful scene, that has held joy for me over the years. I know what you are probably thinking . . . everyone is a photographer nowadays or touts themselves as one. So, yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon. It's an art I have huge respect for, and as an enthusiastic amateur, I welcome the opportunity to get my creative juices flowing as I learn something new. 

Criticism . . . why take pictures during travels and miss being in the moment? I don't agree. In my experience, when taking photos you must be conscious and connected to your surroundings, especially when capturing the spirit and energy of a place. Photographers I admire are adept at tuning in, as they tune into their surrounding environment. You can't help but feel the emotion and vitality of their photos. 

Can it really be an exercise in intuition? I think so. In many ways. Capturing a striking photo takes instinct, it takes practice, just like anything. I can't say I'm a natural, but I do know the more pictures I take, the more quality images I get. When I relax and change my point of view, another side of me takes over, especially when I let go and not over think it. 

And, beyond all that, it's so much fun. 

Credits: The top photo was taken by Christine Love Hewitt, a talented pro-photographer that hosts photography workshops in Mysore, India, as well as, organizes photo shoots with yoga practitioners. For more info: www.yogicphotos.com.

The photo below was taken by yours truly . . . 



0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger