Light On Life

14.5.12

It's been a long time coming. I finally picked up the book "Light on Life," by B.K.S. Iyengar, and it's a book not to be missed. Maybe most of you out there have already read it. I could be one of the last to pick it up, haha.

I love the purity and power of Iyengar's writing. Simple and straight forward, which seems to be the natural way, when communicating to the masses, with as many years of experience as he has. With utmost clarity, you feel his decades of experience and wisdom cultivated through experiential practice. He has lived and tasted everything he writes. You can feel it.

Though, I have never met Iyengar, through his writing, something tells me he is as sharp as a tack, and as active as ever, at the ripe age of 93. I would love to see him in action. Even though I don't practice his method, I'm still very much intrigued by the measure of this man. Everything he speaks of translates to whatever yoga practice you may follow. Having the same teacher as Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, I feel the Iyengar method is on the other side of the same coin as Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga.

Everything he writes correlates. The internal relationship to yoga ultimately is the same, with varying shades of color.

I'm loving every word.











0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger