Expand

29.4.12


A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”      - J.R.R. Tolkien   

Life is abundant. Especially during this time of year. Living in Sweden seems to magnify this allure. What does it mean? I guess it means not needing anything and at the same time feeling as if the world is at your feet. Not always the easiest thing to tap into, but one worth trusting.

Even though I'm not always good at putting it into practice; actively participating in the daily decrease, as Bruce Lee would say, has been quite telling. Simplify, simplify, simplify. In everything. Or cutting the fat, as I like to say. Lately I've felt myself wanting to get rid of stuff, while sticking with what serves a purpose and holding on to only what I love and enjoy. When it comes to acquiring, often it comes down to wanting things that support my creative endeavors. Beyond that, dreams of travel. It's all about the experience. What will I take with me when I leave this world? A question that puts it all into perspective.

One blessing I can't deny is teaching. As each day goes by I feel absolutely grateful to be doing what I do. On top of that, the amazing people I have the opportunity to interact with on a daily basis. It doesn't get much better. There are days where I'm exhausted, and honestly, it always seems worth it when I wake up the next morning.



Without a doubt I find myself in a funk from time to time. It's only natural. Thankfully I have the insight to dig myself out of it in time. No, not easy, but necessary. Whenever I find myself standing in a place of lack I have to remind myself of the simple act of gratitude. Yeah, we've all heard it before, but this shit works! Take paper to pen, or type it out. Get in touch with what's important to you. Look at what you have.

From there the soil is rich to grow what you like. Expand into the possibilities.







0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger