Long Walk to Freedom

13.8.10

My next read, is the Autobiography of Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom. I've had a craving for reading about and/or being inspired by those who have really done something with their lives. I know, I'm about to go on a rant, but I'm completely tired of people being famous for being famous having really done nothing, hence ... being famous. What's happened to all the champions of spirit out there!!!? Why are we inundated with petty silliness in the media constantly. Why are we fed more things to fear versus being moved my fearlessness?

Who are your champions of spirit? Please share. I feel as if I'm stranded in the dessert with nothing to drink.

Isn't it about time we hold such people, who have paved the way for positive change in the world, close to our hearts? Anytime I feel as if I have nothing left, I remember those who literally didn't, and STILL found the strength to carry on and thrive in the world, lit from within, even when viewed as unpopular by the masses.

I've learned the hard way. Just because something is popular and excepted by many doesn't necessarily mean it is true. By no means does it give those the absolute authority. We must be mindful of this. In every way. Continue to question. Continue to look within. Feel what is right without the pressures of the external world dictating every choice to be made. The hard part is, it's not easy. It takes strength of character.

Something's gotten me fired up! Hahaha. In the end, it's all good, and even though I stretch my body everyday, I look to those who stretch my spirit. I need it. Like anything else. 

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger