New Moon

20.8.09




I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever

(Amy Tan)


Esoterically speaking, the new moon is a time to take on new challenges, goals, changes, etc. Honestly, I've never been overly concerned with the effects of the moon, the waxing and waning, and all that stuff. My own menstrual cycle never seemed to jive with the moon all that much, either. However, when practicing Ashtanga yoga, this was the first time I ever took pause to honor the cycle of the moon, or at the very least, educate myself a bit more on what the cycles represented.

I guess it could be another thing not to concern yourself about, I mean I've always felt I did okay not really knowing, but on another note, when slowing myself down, and becoming more in tune with my own body, and it's rhythms, I've found it's a good thing to be aware of and it seems to happen naturally with time and practice.

With all that being said, I'm interested in playing around with the energy and taking a look at new challenges I'm ready to tackle.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger