Mind Fluctuatuions

8.8.09

"You must not loose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

(Mohandas K. Gandi)


Waiting. I've gotten so used to waiting. Maybe, I'm beyond the point of tolerance and have found peace with it. Hmmmm. We'll see. At any rate, being at the mercy of external factors teaches a lot about patience, surrender and whatever else pops up.

I'm still doing my Swedish studies everyday. Learning a language is a two steps forward, three steps back type of thing. Frustrating, when you think you're making head way and then it's not there. Sigh. As with anything, it takes practice. Big sigh. I wish I could download Swedish into my brain and be done with it. Lol. Wouldn't that be nice?

If I had interesting and exciting news to report, I would. But, my life hasn't been all that exciting. On the outside. Can't complain, however, I've had massive opportunities to reflect and deepen. It feels good to be able to ease into a slow space without feeling the need to fill it with unnecessary stimuli. So much of our culture does everything it can to pull us outward...wanting, wanting...needing this and that for fulfillment. Bor-ring!

Daily practice has been back to me on my own every morning. It's been good. Like I've said before, there's something to going at it alone from time to time. It builds mental strength, and also gives the opportunity to observe mind fluctuations. This last week especially, my mind has gone on crazy tangents while on the mat. It's amazing just how unrelenting it can be at times. Not sure if it had anything to do with this week being centered around the full moon/eclipse energy. Anyhoo...I like to blame it on something. Lol.

To deal with the mind fluctuations I've taken up journaling, again. I'll write a bit in the morning and a bit a night. I write what comes to mind, and use it as a process to clear. When working with my Reiki teacher, it really drove home to me the importance of clearing one's self. My teacher said she never starts her day without clearing first, getting her energy aligned with a set intention for each day. For such a soft, caring person who exudes such light I can see how it must work, she's a shinging example of what the practices bring.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger