Lightening Up

6.8.09

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."

(Helen Keller)



Things aren't always easy, but they don't have to be hard either. After a weekend of lightening up, what usually happens is a period of integration and a bubbling of blocks that have been hiding in the darkness. They come to the surface.

Often, I have a bring it on attitude, but I'm finding it may be better to take small steps toward, lightening up, versus getting totally side-swiped and then wanting to crawl into a hole, never to come out again. Little bites are always best.

Practicing self-awareness can be startling. I mean, there's a shit load of stuff there - little things, some big things, that serve no purpose - much of it being thoughts I hold inside that ultimately hold me back.

Releasing isn't always easy because we become accustom to lower vibrations of thought and being. Stepping out of these patterns are necessary, but I find myself being a bit timid, and for some odd reason still holding on to old stuff. It's like I want to, but I can't at the same time. Trusting that letting go will ultimately lead to experiencing more freedom is what keeps me motivated in the end.

Growing, developing, changing and discovering are practices that keep things fresh. As I get older, I find that I'm better equipped at letting go and stepping into the new and uncharted - and isn't that a relief - I don't want to live my life looking back and thinking - 'I want things the way they used to be' - what a way to get stuck. Hopefully, life will continue to get better and better because I've chosen to continue to work inward, seeing things from a vantage point of Truth and clarity.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger