A Word to the Wise

15.5.09



"Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything."

~ Swami Vivekananda

Try being quiet.

I'm finally finding comfort with being an introspective, often introverted person. It's funny how extroversion is often seen as a more positive, attractive trait. No matter, I relish the fact I have no problem being quiet and still, not needing to add anything more to the outer experience. Believe me, I have my quirks, but I'm always amazed at how uncomfortable my quietness can be for others at times.

I've found it's often the case some will fill in the blanks when speaking less than most. The ideas run wild. I'm amused by it. Amused by the inaccuracy, all the while, feeling no need to defend anything to anyone. What's the point? Speculation cannot be controlled, but where I choose to put my focus can.

I guess one can say, I'm not one to openly advertise about myself right away. Dunno why that is. It just is. I've been labeled as not being open, but in reality, if someone were to ask the most personal of questions, I honestly wouldn't have a problem disclosing much. My skeletons aren't that scary.

It's just that I've come to a point where the mindless drone of gossip circulating doesn't do much for me. Especially in the world of yoga. I'm amazed how fast news can travel in the community. It's at lightening speed. Through observation, the more I experience, the more I feel pulled to simplify and talk less. For, isn't yoga about an experiential existence? I'm amazed how much talk is centered around the subject compared to the time spent practicing. Drone. drone. drone.

As I ask the questions in the silence, I'm given more than I could have hoped for. The more I listen, the better I trust. The more I'm still, a space of gratitude and peace, enliven my spirit. The permanence felt, cannot be explained, but only experienced, this is why I continue to practice. I hand it over. I release. And, nothing more can be explained or sought after. The Truth is here.

Be it. Do it. It's as simple as that.

4 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

oh..if only more people could realize this very truth and practice it.
so, so very true.
quiet is peace
and finding YOU down to the core. who could ask for anything simpler than this...
so easy, yet for some... so Very hard.
love u~

Unknown said...

Om fellow yogini! I love your blog and have the opportunity to pass some fun your way! I hope you like! you can check it out here

http://thehumbleyogini.blogspot.com/

Peace, Love and Blessings

peaceloveyoga said...

Thanks Tracy!

Janaki...I'll be checking out your blog as well. xo.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger