Sweden

2.4.09



Next stop. Sweden!

Yes, home of the Nobel Peace Prize, Volvo and ABBA...but, there is much more to this great country than meets the eye, and the fact there's a really great guy from there, who I adore and love with all my heart, makes the place all the more lovely.


Quick Sweden Facts


  • Sweden has one of the highest life expectancy rates and one of the lowest birth rates in the world...and a literacy rate of 99%...(Wow!).
  • Sweden is located in Northern Europe, hosting over 9 million people, and the capital is Stockholm.
  • Both IKEA and H&M are modern Swedish retail stores.
  • The far north of Sweden is sometimes called "the land of the midnight sun." During midsummer the sky becomes light again once twilight has been reached.
  • Geographically, Sweden is characterized by its long coastlines, large forests (55%) and numerous lakes.

Okay. I've only listed the bare minimum. But, I'm sure there will be more to follow. Will be in Stockholm, and I'm beyond excited to discover this fascinating city. Stay tuned.

9 Insightful Comments:

Cardamom Kisses said...

Sweden?! That's a suprise! :)

I've been following your blog for a long time, and really enjoy it on many different levels. Thank you ever so much for sharing in such a wonderful way :)

I'm Swedish myself, but I live far from Stockholm. It's a really nice city, and I'm sure you will like it there!
If you have a couple of free hours, make sure to visit the Blue Lotus Café on Katarina Bangata 21, Södermalm (metro station Medborgarplatsen). It's an interesting place with fantastic atmosphere, a curious mix of people and good food. Not to mention all the fun, small shops in the area... :)

Welcome to Sweden & enjoy your stay!

Wayne said...

Safe travels and many blessings on your path!

Tracy said...

you go girl! love you!! and D!!!xo

asd7741 said...

wow! land of the midnight sun? sounds like out of a dream.

- A - C - said...

Stockolm is a wonderful city. I'm sure you'll love it :-)
have fun!
A.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog very much,have been reading it on and off for a long time.
i´m also swedish+I´m a friend of the great guy you are visiting!! The world is a small place.
Hope you have a great time in Stockholm,you have arrived just when spring is finally here,must be a good sign:)
Marika

asd7741 said...

i miss your blog! :)

Ritesh said...

Yoga is an art of discipline that was developed by an Indian Hindu named Patanjali. Retreat yoga about benefits of yoga exercises, yoga meditation, yoga practice.

peaceloveyoga said...

Thanks everyone!!! I'm really enjoying the land of the midnight sun! Stockholm is beautiful. xo

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger