Simplicity

21.4.09





What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

~ Richard Bach



It's the simple things.

It's the little things that I've grown to appreciate. Simple, subtle uncomplicated, words to live by. Words to be inspired by. In a world where complication reigns supreme why even go there?

The ego loves when life becomes complicated. The ego loves to search and seek for external fulfillment that is found out there, somewhere.

If there's one thing I've discovered through the years of yoga practice is the most important point to come to, is here...is now. If anything, beyond the outer performance of asana, what keeps me coming back to the mat is the opportunity to get out of my head and into my essence. Get out of the rat race and into my heart...get out of the societal standards of where I should be, or what else needs to be done... or what else needs to be achieved and acquired and into the Truth.

When I leave all external messages behind I enter into a realm of timelessness. Where nothing else matters but my connection to the One source that fills us up beyond anything this world can give. Everything else is impermanent...illusory...fleeting.

True confidence lies in this connection. No amount of self-improvement books, self-help programs or full body makeovers will get you there. Because again, anything external is naturally impermanent, illusory, fleeting...only lasting for so long. When the newness wears off, again, we must face ourselves in the truest sense. No matter if it happens this lifetime or the next.

Even though our ego would love for us to continue to believe that we still have more to attain, and the constant state of dissatisfaction will only be relieved from an external source, there is no need to fall into the trap.

Of course, it's easier said than done, but a practice I've taken to heart. I need to constantly remind myself to bring it back to the source. All it takes is vigilance...and, puts the intention, when it comes to my daily Ashtanga practice, into a higher vibrating perspective.

When I let go, as hard as it is to trust at times, things have a way of coming together. Grace descends as I ascend to a higher place within myself.

Interesting how it works out that way.

2 Insightful Comments:

(0v0) said...

You're right that we so often tend to turn the yoga in to a self-improvement project. Ack!

peaceloveyoga said...

Hahahaha! For real! xoxox. :)

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger