Morning Glory

15.10.08



The Taste of Morning

Time's knife slides from the sheath,
as fish from where it swims.

Being closer and closer is the desire
of the body. Don't wish for union!

There's a closeness beyond that. Why
would God want a second God? Fall in

love in such a way that it frees you
from any connecting. Love is the soul's

light, the taste of morning, no me, no
we, no claim of being. These words

are the smoke the fire gives off as it
absolves its defects, as eyes in silence,

tears, face. Love cannot be said.

~ Rumi



Yes. I'm officially a morning person. No doubt about it.

Getting to bed early for practice has been the priority. But also, I need to fit in a bit of fun too. The practice can't be my life. It should help to live life more fully.

The opportunity lies right before me in every moment. That is why I've come to love the morning. I've come to love the stillness present at this time. I feel closer to my essential nature. I feel closer to my being...and it is easier to connect.

Never in my wildest dreams, before all this, would I have welcomed a pre-pre-dawn wake up call. But, on the few days I don't, I feel as if something is amiss.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger