Connection

11.4.08


Images by Nick Fancher, www.shutterthink.com






I exist as I am, that is enough,
If no other in the world be aware I sit content,


And if each and all be aware I sit content.


One world is aware, and by far the largest to me,
and that
is myself,

And whether I come to my own today
or in ten thousand
or ten million years,

I can cheerfully take it now, or with equal cheerfulness,
I can wait.


~Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass




Through the course of synchronized events, last night I made my way to a Siddha yoga satsang. There were too many things that aligned for me not to deny that it would be a good idea to check it out. Lately, I've been in a kind of investigative mode, if you will...desiring to deepen and discover devotional practices. In Siddha yoga there is a strong foundation placed in meditation and chanting...so, I was open to looking into it. I've been feeling a pull to bring some of those aspects into my already established Ashtanga yoga practice. The group was made up of some of the most lovely, open, and kind individuals. There always seems to be a strong aura around those who meditate regularly, and for a sustained period of time. One cannot deny it. Energetically one can feel it. I like to call it "the glow."

This being Friday, was my primary series practice. What a treat. Every Friday is like coming back home. It may sound strange. But, keeping in line with the tradition I've found the connection for me. From Sunday thru Thursday...I'm pressing forward, charting new territory...igniting expansion...maybe even struggling with some of the postures that I'm learning...especially toward the end of my practice. But, when Friday roles around for my primary series practice, there is a comfort that comes with it...a greater appreciation...a coming home to something that is more familiar. However, it isn't a time to take for granted. I feel on this day that I use it as an opportunity to deepen and become more present...more in my breath...finding a deeper oneness in what I'm doing. So, my practice at the end of the week has become something very special for me. And, when Saturday roles around, that is a day of integration...no striving...just being. Like a flower that blooms...just by its very essence and stillness...there is beauty.

1 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

beautiful photograph~
tracy xo

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger