Integration

12.6.07
















Sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. Sometimes we cry with everything except tears. In the end that's all there is: love and its duty, sorrow and its truth. In the end that's all we have-to hold on tight until the dawn.
-excerpt from Shantaram, by Gregory David Robert

Ever since my mysore practice time was bumped, I have been getting up at 3:45 am to make it down to the shala to start at approximately 4:45am or so...depending on when the gates open. Lately I have been walking down...half asleep...half in a trance. Which is almost good because my head isn't as active with thought. I've come to the realization that there is something to be said for practicing at the same time everyday...there is a special kind of depth that comes with that...its like a control...for those who are more scientific minded...same practice...same time. To some it may sound rigid...but everyday is different and how we navigate through it with this consistency is a priceless training ground for the mind.
This morning I moved much more slowly...especially focusing on the quality of my breath...with that came a gentleness, and a softening. Something clicked with this new awareness...and it felt so good...like a type of integration. I will have to sit with this one for a bit. Just when I feel I couldn't be more in awe with this practice...more is revealed...exposed...uncovered. Nothing could be more exciting than this...tapping in...and allowing my true self to shine forth.

One a side note...if your still reading...I would like to say hello to Taishi...I met your friend here in Mysore and he said that you say hello! I just wanted to take a moment to say hello too and I hope all is well. Take care...and stay in touch. Peace.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger